Shawnee is a great medium to large-sized unit site set back in a wooded grove above the Youth Showers. The site offers a bit more protection from the wind and sun than other sites and is great for when the weather is hot or rainy. Your group will like the proximity to the center of camp and being able to retreat into a shady shelter of the site.
Site Capacity: For medium to larger sized units
Special Features: Wooded grove on the hill above the Youth Showers
Latrine type: Classic pit-style latrine
Shawnee in the Summer features:
- 16 or 17 2-man platforms with tents
- 2 metal framed cots with mattresses in each tent.
- Program tarp & Dining Fly
- 2 Picnic Tables
- Large, open center area yielding a good amount of sunshine during the day.
- Adirondack-style shelter
- Has it's own latrine and washstand.
Fall, Winter, and Spring features:
- Platforms remain in place and may be used with your own tents.
- Water generally at site from mid-May to late October.
- Usually accessible during the winter
Location of Campsite in Camp